Wedding photographer for trend setters, romantics, and creatives. Located in Texas & Virginia. Lover of cats, wine, sprinkle doughnuts, and the color pink!
Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, right?! Most ladies I know (and a decent amount of gentlemen as well) love jewelry. When jewelry is so important on a day to day basis then the jewelry you pick to wear for your wedding day must be extraordinary. I just love the attention to detail that my brides put into every little aspect of their big day from their jewelry, to their shoes, to the groom’s attire, to their ladies’ attire, even into their flowers and garters. Knowing how much thought my brides put into choosing these items to incorporate into their big day makes me want to do my best to capture it. I always make sure I set aside a chunk of time on the wedding day to capture all the special trinkets that the bride has spent months picking out. This helps me set the tone for the entire wedding day. In those quiet moments that I’m arranging all of her details to look like a fashion ad I see the vision she had in her head start to come to life, and her story starts to unfold from there.
To all the future brides out there, this part is for you. Think about how much thought you have or will put into every detail, big and small, for your perfect day. Now that you have thought about that a second, think about how quickly that day will go by. Past brides will tell you that it flies by in the blink of an eye, they are telling the truth. The day will be absolutely beautiful and magical but blink and its gone. Your images from the day are what is going to be there to remind you of what a truly magical day it was. So here is where I encourage you to talk to your wedding photographer and make sure they love capturing those details, because the details tell your story.
Now that you have told your photographer that you want those details captured, here are a few tips that will help you get the best possible images.
1. Get your ring professionally cleaned. A few days before your wedding day take your engagement ring to be professionally cleaned. This will ensure that it will be shiny and sparkling for your big day!
2. Write down the look you want to have as a bride. This may seem simple but really sit down and think about it. Do you want to look like a princess, a woodland fairy, a boho free spirit? While the possibilities are endless, once you dive into what bridal style you have, selecting your jewelry and details will be much easier.
3. Put all your bridal details in one place. A day or two before the wedding, gather everything you want captured and put it in one place. Include all the little things here; shoes, jewelry, RINGS, garters, perfume, heirlooms, etc., etc. This will make things flow so much easier for you and for your photographer because everything will already be in one place. Oh, and notice how I said RINGS, I mean it. Keep both of the wedding bands with you. Your photographer can capture all the rings at once and then we can make sure its delivered safely to its final location.
4. Have bouquets and boutonnieres delivered to where the bride is getting dressed. Again, this just helps for flow of the day. Everything is in one place so it can be captured quickly and then delivered to where it needs to go.
5. Trust your photographer. You have put every detail together and gathered them into one place, now its time to let your photographer work their magic. They will find the perfect lighting and backdrop to make sure that all of your hand picked items really shine.
Now that I have your mind reeling over what details you are going to include in your wedding, I hope you enjoy some of my favorite details from some of my past brides!
Follow along for more of our life, work, kitties, and, of course, very attractive people. #heatherlaurennebrides #heatherlaurenneweddings